Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You should too.

I have what I need, but not what I want. Sometimes this is the case- I see. I want to wash clothes and for it to magically put itself away, perfectly like when I first bought it. Instead, I’m left to iron.

I want to wake up in the morning with a vast mind, stunning, impossibly refreshed, and ready to face whatever unfolds before my eager eyes. Instead, I have to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock at least twice.
I have to rub my eyes and have a conversation with my mind where each of us states the pros and cons of my meditation.

I have what I need, but not what I want. This isn’t always fun. Especially for an overachiever like me. I’m hard on myself when I do not succeed. I’m hard on myself when I don’t speak my mind,and I’m hard on myself, most of all, when I feel like I’m not number one.

If this is the case, then I'd like to know the purpose of this arrangement. I don’t have millions in the bank or live worry free without concerns; I’m left to wonder the why of things while making my monthly payments.

I have what I need, but not what I want. Is everyone the same? Do readers like you ever wonder why and who we are to blame?!

I have what I need, but not what I want. Have you ever heard that song? The one that clearly states: You can't always have what you want and if you try, what you need is what you’re getting. I wish what we needed would come in a box with a clear explanation and this way whenever we’d want something else we wouldn’t get that weird sensation -that even though we really have what we need, still the wanting is what seems like perfection.

I have what I need, but not what I want. Is it at all up to me? I think and think and ask my self why the things that I want don’t just be! The reality of it is simple and plain just one that I choose not to see.

I choose what I want and I choose what I need and I've chosen to just let it be.

You should too.


No comments:

Post a Comment